Stevenson-Britannia Parent Council
The Parent Council is a non-profit organization emphasizing, but not restricted to, the following general objectives:
- To act as a general liaison, between parents/residents in the Stevenson-Britannia area, and the educators/support staff of Stevenson School.
- To act as a resource organization to the school, filling those needs not already covered by the government bodies or by other means.
- To act as a resource organization to parents/residents, providing information and assistance on school/school division activities and helping to reconcile differences between the school and community.
- To inform parents of programs within the school and to involve them in activities which will enable them to better assist their children with their school courses and studies, and to advise on and initiate other adult activities in the school and community.
- To raise necessary funds, by various means, to meet these and other general objectives.
- To ensure that every program and activity of the Parent Council recognizes that the student is the most important and vital component in the educational system.
- To advise the Principal about policies and activities.
- To participate on division and school committees as required by School Board policy.
- To participate in developing an Annual School Plan.
Parent Council Membership
- All parents and/or guardians of the students attending Stevenson-Britannia shall be members of the Parent Council, and shall be eligible to vote at all Council meetings.
- The Principal, and a minimum of one staff member elected by the school staff, shall be members of the Council, with voting rights determined year.
- Citizens residing within the school’s catchment area may be associate members of the Parent Council. Associate members may attend meetings of the Parent Council and may serve on Parent Council committees. Associate members shall be non-voting members of the Council.
The 2015-2016 Executive of the Parent Council
Co-Chairs – Heather Wells/Annissa McLean
Secretary – Ashley Myers
Treasurer – Rebecca McDermott